Sunday, January 12, 2014

Been too long (my cross bike and I are getting back together)

Two (fairly unimportant) revelations while spinning along Creek Road this afternoon on my cross bike:
1) last time I rode my cross bike was April 7th, 2012...my dad and I ventured out for a quick spin to shake loose pre-wedding anticipatory butterflies/nerves. We found ourselves over at the reception venue, where Toni was busy arranging flowers and Joan was grilling rosemary chicken. It was a perfect start to a perfect day...aaaah.
Why such a long interim? Yeah, I found out I was pregnant two weeks after our honeymoon (and naively thought I wasn't pregnant before the wedding...oops, took me a year to do that math). Anyway, I spent my pregnancy and entire postpartum year exclusively on a mountain bike. 
2) Austin, (TX) here I come! {maybe?}
This notion popped into my head maybe ten minutes into the ride. 
Rounding a turn, easing up a teeny tiny hill, and just like that, "Austin, here I come!"
Although my legs felt like shit today due to my very sporadic fitness/cycling "regimen" as of late (ok, lack thereof), my spirits were all, "yeah!! Cross is boss!!" I don't know...it's hard to feel sketchy or lame on a bike that was literally made for you, no matter how long it's been or how out of shape you might be.


I'm not saying I actually have my sights set on Nationals 2015, but who knows...maybe I do.
I hate shipping my bike.
Not a fan of flying, either.
Sure do love that city...

2 comments:

theuffda said...

Hmmm, I'll go to Nationals if you go to Nationals :) I was thinking more like Asheville NC in 2016 though!

Kim said...

Asheville is definitely more realistic, but the Austin pipedream could become a reality, too ;)